An Orkney Odyssey 2024!
April 25th - 30th, 2024
Registration Limited: ONLY 4 places open!
The sites we will visit:
- Skara Brae: The remarkably well-preserved ruins of a Neolithic village unveiled by a wind storm in 1850
- The awe-inspiring Standing Stones of Stenness and the nearby remains of Barnhouse Neolithic Village
- The unforgettable Ring of Brodgar where we will be able to walk amongst (and touch!) over 30 standing stones
- The atmospheric chambered burial cairn of Maeshowe
- The ruins of the Iron Age Broch of Gurness (described as Scotland's best preserved broch village). Here you will have the opportunity to literally step into history as you walk around and through the remains of this long-ago settlement.
- A day trip and guided walk through Kirkwall featuring a visit to the Romanesque St. Magnus Cathedral, the oldest cathedral in Scotland, also rich in Viking and Witch history
Depending on the energy and interest of the group, there may be opportunity for other excursions during our time exploring Orkney, some of which could include: visiting and (if you dare!) crawling into additional small ancient burial chambers, a stop to view Scapa Flow (a deep waterway with defense and war-time history spanning from Viking times to World War II). And, if there is time, there may even be more opportunity to explore other Orkney sites.
Cost for this pilgrimage:
$2,700.00 per person
A $700.00 non-refundable deposit will secure your place NOW.
Additional payment schedule:
June 21st, 2023: $750.00 due
September 21st, 2023: $750.00 due
February 1st, 2024: Balance of $500.00 due (see Walking Awake's T&A for cancelation and late payment details)
- Private bus return transport from Glasgow International Airport (pick-up/drop off point TBA) to Orkney and around Orkney from Thursday, April 25th - Tuesday, April 30th, 2024
- Ferry transport to and from Orkney
- 5 nights shared accommodation (two in a room) at Standing Stones Hotel on Orkney
- 5 breakfasts
- 5 evening group meals (£40 allowance per person)
- Admission to all sites
- Guide and Driver fees
Throughout our time together, Denise and Nick will offer guided walks and talks amongst the sites and evening group sessions exploring and reflecting on the history, myth, legends of Orkney and apsects of Celtic Spirituality. All will be blended beautifully with Walking Awake's eclectic mix of poetry, song, ceremony, story and simply 'walking awake' in all we do! A more detailed itinerary will be given nearer the event.
- Any travel or accommodation coast prior to or after our pilgrimage
- Individual Travel Insurance (required)
- Tips for Driver and Guides
- Options not listed as 'included'
- Any unforseen additional cost incurrued due to travel delays within our pilgrimage due to weather or transportation disruption
To reserve your place on this very special pilgrimage:
After reading, fully understanding, and agreeing upon Walking Awake, LLC's Terms of Agreement and Cancelation Policy and upon checking with Denise in regards to availability: Please place your non-refundable deposit or payment via our PayPal link located on the homepage.
Looking to book an exclusive pilgrimage for your family, friends or community group? Walking Awake will work
with you to customize the perfect journey! To start the conversation and explore the many possibilities, contact Denise.
Walking Awake offers a variety of workshops and retreats throughout the US and the UK.
Register EARLY for our 2023 Celtic New Year Retreat Weekend in Pennsylvania:
October 27 -29, 2023 at the Kirkridge Retreat Center, Farmhouse.