Walking Awake into the Celtic New Year: A Weekend Retreat
Friday, October 28th - Sunday, October 30th, 2022
This weekend retreat will take place at the Farmhouse facility at Kirkridge Retreat and Study Center in Bangor, PA. Surrounded by wooded trails and within walking distance of Columcille Megalith Park (a Celtic influenced standing stone park with over 90 stones!), it's the perfect place to take in the colors and lessons of Nature's autumn season and to welcome the arrival of Samhain, the Celtic New Year!
Details: The weekend activities will ebb and flow with the energy of the group and will include most, if not all, of the following:
- Group sessons with focus on deepening our inherent connection with Nature and exploring our interest in Celtic Spirituality.
- Reflection, activity and conversation about the many aspects and lessons of Nature's autumn season and the Samhain spoke of the Celtic New Year.
- Tales of the Blue Dragon: Weaving the connections between this very special mountain range in Pennsylvania and the sacred Isle of Iona, Scotland.
- Optional participation in Celtic influenced ceremonies and rituals.
- The option of attending *Columcille Megalith Park's memorable torchilit Samhain ceremony.
- Denise's husband Nick Prance will join us via Zoom from Scotland offering a session on promoting presence and well being drawing on his many years of experience in Mindfullness and his work in the mental health field.
- Time to just be, peacefully "walking awake" both alone and guided out in Nature: at the labyrinth, by the tarn (pond), among the wooded paths of Kirkridge and the powerful standing stones at Columcille.
- The weekend will also include Walking Awake's signature mix of poetry, music, story and craft.
More may be added as we move closer to the weekend. Attendees will receive additional detailed information including suggestions of items to bring from home closer to the date of our gathering.
Cost for this Weekend Retreat: (Register EARLY and SAVE!):
Early Registration Fee (Valid until AUGUST 15th, 2022):
$450.00 pp (includes: shared lodging, meals, workshop).
A few single room option are available for an additional $200.00 ($650.00 pp total). Note: Single rooms are limited availablilty and almost sold out.
$325.00 pp for commuter (includes meals and workshop.
AFTER AUGUST 15th, 2022 prices increase by $50.00:
$500.00 pp (includes: shared lodging, meals, workshop).
$375.00 pp (includes meals and workshop).
*Note: There will be an additional fee (donation) per person to attend Columcille's evening Samhain event. Amount will be between $10-$20pp and will be announce when known. If for any reason Columcille should cancel or reschedule their Samhain event, Walking Awake will offer a private Celtic New Year celebration for our group that evening.
If attending this Walking Awake retreat weekend is singing to your heart, please place your non-refundable $100.00 deposit ASAP. Balance in full is due by October 1st, 2022.
The goal of Walking Awake is to make all events available to everyone therefor we do offer payment plan options customized just for you. For more information contact Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to registering:
Please contact Denise to check availability. This is event is nearly sold out.
Please review our terms and agreement page prior to making your deposit.
When you are ready to commit to attending this event:
Please use the PayPal link in our website to make your deposit or payment in full.
If you would rather send a check, please contact Denise for address and details.
Looking forward to October!